Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The flu caught up with us

I thought we had escaped the winter with just a couple colds, but the flu managed to find us. It knocked us out for upwards of a week! I got it last Saturday and was useless Sunday. H suffered on and off for a couple days before really getting it, and we ended up in emerg all night Tuesday. Since I got zero sleep that night and H only got a couple of hours, it took us several days to recover - at which point Ray got the flu. Plus H has been suffering very badly from teething (I noticed his molars poking through while at the hospital). It has been a touch week and a half. Hopefully we're through it, I think we're just down to some teething pain. Knock on wood...

I have managed to get a few things done, despite the sickies in the house. I finished Creeper BUT I think I need to do some fiddling. I accidentally omitted two rows from the sleeve when I did the back, and figured it would be okay and so mimicked on the front. But the sweater is just a touch short and the sleeves a bit snug at the bottoms. I've been trying to fix it by blocking, which may be enough, but I'm debating ripping out to the sleeves. Shouldn't take long to finish if I do, and I have lots of yarn. Either way, I plan to frog the neckband and redo it as I forgot to pull out an extra row of stitches when I picked them up (you can tell I haven't finished many garments!). So it is sitting on the table, waiting for me to decide what to do.

I've also made progress on the shade. It is all sewn up and I'm working on attaching rings. I felt a little overwhelmed last night when I realized I had to sew 50. 50. Eeek. I'm feeling overwhelmed again just thinking about it! But it'll happen.

I also got my Ravelry page all done up with photos and projects and my stash. I still have a few recently completed projects to add, and I want to get my needles in. It appears to be a really great tool, both for organizing my chaos and for deciding on whether or not to do a project. Now if only someone can invent a tool for my fabric stash, too....This past week 4 yards of navy Windbloc arrived, and I've ordered some lightweight navy wool jersey, and I still have the unbleached 100% wool to work with, plus the rest of my stash.....But all that is for fall, really, so hopefully when I finish the shade I'll make a nice spring/summer tote :)

No comments: