Sunday, March 16, 2008

Busy weekend - but lots accomplished

First off, I got the back of Creeper completed. I'm pretty happy with it, very pleased to get something wrapped up (even if I still have the other half plus all the finishing to do). Anyway, here it is.
I had to modify the pattern a bit. I used US 10 1/2 needles for the ribbing, which the pattern called for, but I didn't realize how different they were from the metric "equivalent", which is what the pattern was actually written for (being Rowan). I originally did as the pattern said, but when I got the ribbing done I realized that it was just going to be too small. It seemed that it would fit my waist, but only fully fully stretched. So I added two stitches to the CO and changed to a more flexible CO technique, then just eliminated the increases from the first increase row. All in all, a very easy modification but I think it'll make a big difference.
When I was out shopping Friday, I came across a nice wood wagon so I bought it for H. It was such a beautiful day, I was hoping for similar wonderful weather over the weekend and hoped to use it. Ray assembled it on Saturday and we went for a walk to the marina. We saw lots of familiar ducks and swans but we also saw a long-tailed duck and the migrating tundra swans. Very cool. We went for another walk today and spent a couple hours at the marina watching the birds. We're getting better at identification. Today we found greater scaups for the first time.
Before the walk, I sewed H a pair of gaiters out of a pair of Ray's old socks (the heels were worn through).
Very simple, I may add some hooks to the front and back to keep them down (I debated elastic but figured they'd just roll up). But still okay, I think, and a great reuse project. We put them on when H woke up and he loved them - pranced around the house in them! Then we put his rainboots on for the first time, and he was even happier.


I did get photos taken for the headings in H's book, and finished picking my faves out of the 0-3 month phase. There is still a lot of pruning to go, I probably still have a 200 photo album, a little much really.
I think that's about it for my project progress. The house is a bit of a disaster so I should probably commit to cleaning rather than project-ing. That said, I got my 100% wool from CoveredCaboose on Friday and am eager to start playing with it....And I discovered my brown sugar is going hard so I think I had better make some cookies :)

No comments: