Friday, March 14, 2008

Off to a good start

As soon as I posted yesterday I realized that I had forgotten about two ongoing projects, making a baby book of H's first year and making a picture book for him to enjoy now. I'm planning to let Apple do the work on the baby book (at least the actual production bit) but the picture book will be the old way. I plan to have photos developed, then mount them to card and laminate the pages, putting the pages in a binder so I can add more as needed. I have this great idea to use H's alphabet blocks to spell out section headers - I should go do that while I think of it! I need the daylight I think.

Anyway, I got the fabric and trimmings cut for the roman shade (with much husband help!). I find it ridiculously hard to make a proper rectangle out of fabric, despite my mathematical background. I realized after the fact I should have first cut the blackout material, as it has no stretch, and then used it as a template for the twill shade fabric. Then I would have had one less edge to draw (and make crooked). Oh well. Live and learn. I also got several rows knitted on Creeper. It is looking good, I think. I'm currently decreasing for the shoulder/neck area. Just a few more rows, really, and I'll be done the whole back (including the arms as it is a Dolman-style sweater). Very exciting. Still doubt it'll be done for this winter, though :)

No comments: