Monday, March 17, 2008

Not a good nap day

Today nap somehow got pushed all the way to 1pm. We were out getting groceries and H looked very tired but as always, he got energized once we were in the house. So I fed him lunch and figured we'd go around 12:30. But he was just raring to go and didn't seem interested until around 1pm. I'm not sure I should follow his lead, I think I should probably just pick a time and enforce it. He has no idea when to nap, since it varies from 10:30 to 1pm from day to day! Anyway, he went down alright but only slept for an hour. Baffling. He woke up all happy and then immediately melted down again. I actually put him back in the crib and sang to him to see if he'd go. He calmed, but sleep was out. Then he was just in a crank all afternoon until his Daddy got home. And no time for a catnap, since it was so late. Boo. We really need to get this one nap thing working - or even just a good 2-nap system going!

Despite the nap woes, I have accomplished a few things. I got the front of Creeper going, actually finished the ribbing and and about 10 rows up the increases. Maybe she'll be done this year after all (but not before all the snow melts, I'm sure...). Yesterday evening and some of today I got caught up on Flickr updates. I created a new folder of bird photos to hold all the ducks and swans we've been identifying - now I just need to get a better lens so I can get some great closeups! I also got the side and bottom seams of the shade pressed and the primary trim pinned, so hopefully I can get sewing on that tomorrow.

Oh, and I did get the cookies made last night. My tummy has been very happy today :)

No comments: